Volunteers are an integral part of the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead.
As an ever expanding attraction, attendance increases each year. We need your help to keep things running smoothly and effectively.
We have a daily need for volunteers to:
- Greet visitors entering the Farmstead;
- Sell tickets for wagon rides while watching the petting pen;
- Help kids fish at Grandpa Bob's Fishing Pond;
- Help children feed bottles to the baby goats;
- Sell mining rough;
- Help with special events
- Birthday party assistance
- Share historical information
Volunteer shifts are four (4) hours.
- 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
NOTE: After school shifts are available upon request.
How to volunteer
- Individuals: Complete the Volunteer Interest application
- Groups: Organized groups (i.e., corporations, church groups, etc.) should contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 913-897-2360 x23
All volunteers must be 14 years or older. As a condition to service at Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead, the City requires a criminal background/records check for all volunteer positions.
NOTE: Volunteer opportunities are not automatic. If you are selected as a volunteer, you will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator as positions become available.
Eagle Scout Projects
If you're interested in working on a Eagle Scout project, complete the necessary documents.
Want to make a bigger commitment? Consider joining the Friends of the Farmstead.