Since the late-1970s, the city has maintained a Comprehensive, or Master, Plan that directs, coordinates, and evaluates the city's development and progress and ensures continued orderly development of our community.
The four books and 13 maps of the Comprehensive Plan guide development toward established community goals.
- Plan Implementation and Goals for Overland Park are documents that reflect the city's policies.
- Plan Elements and Planning Commission Research Topics provide the background information used to support the land use goals and policies of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Bike Route Map
- Future Development Map - Back
- Future Development Map - Front
- Future Parks Plan
- Greenway Linkages Plan - North - Back
- Greenway Linkages Plan - North - Front
- Greenway Linkages Plan - South - Back
- Greenway Linkages Plan - South - Front
- Neighborhood Boundaries Map
- Neighborhood Facilities Map
- Public Art Master Plan Map
- Street Map (Official) - Back
- Street Map (Official) - Front
The Future Development Plan is the graphic representation of the city's Comprehensive Plan.
The Comprehensive Plan is not an exact blueprint of the city's future, nor is it a static document. The plan is a policy guide that is reviewed annually and can change with development cycles, the changing economy and resident views.
For questions about the Comprehensive Plan, contact the Planner of the Day at 913-895-6217.